Wifeys & Gentlemen,
Welcome to Being Wifey! This website is (or soon will be) your best resource for all things relationship oriented. How do I know?
Well, for starters, I happen to think that I’m pretty good at giving advice. I don’t like the term ‘guru’ and I certainly am NOT trying to be in anyone’s business or tell them what to do, but I have been through a LOT of different types of relationships and my experiences are juuuust unique enough to add something different to the table. In addition to regular blogging, I will soon be uploading episodes of my new podcast, vlogs of my journey to becoming a mother, and other fun things that I hope you all enjoy!
More than that though, throughout the years of writing this blog and surviving my 20s, I have had my heart broken, I have had it healed, I have gotten married, I have loved myself, I have hated myself, I have done things I am not proud of, I have struggled with my value and self worth, and I have seen and studied a lot of different things that have truly connected me to my purpose.
I want to welcome you into this space and let you know that it’s okay to be imperfect and not have it all figured out (even if you’re a 30-something old woman like me). Here we will talk honestly and openly about love; love with our partners, love with our families and friends, love with our environment, and (most importantly) self LOVE. I have some exciting things in store for this website and I am so excited to share them with you!
A few quick facts:
- This is my face.
2. I am 30-something Taurus with a Scorpio rising (yes, I dig astrology and it will come up in this blog)
3. I have been married to my amazing husband for a little over 2 years and in a committed relationship with him for 6 (you will get to know him too, trust me).
4. We have a dog named Simon (he’s cute, you’ll see him)
5. No, we do not have kids. Yes, we want them. Yes, it is a sore-subject for me that I will get into when I am ready.
6. I am 2 semesters and a thesis away from having my Masters in Psychology. I have also studied clinical psychology, life coaching, and tarot and will hopefully be offering Tarot based consulting services by mid 2019.
7. I love music, movies, food, reading, makeup, and social media!
8. I am originally from the East Coast (a New England girl) but I have lived in the SF Bay Area for 7 years now. My husband is a native to this area.
9. My parents are together and have been for 35 years. I love them, they inspire me, and we are close. I also have a younger brother who has been married for about a year.
10. To close, let me say that I am a positive person! I know people say that a lot, but here’s what it means to me and what you can expect on this website: I have respect for ALL types of people as long as they have respect for me (I am not afraid to clapback if I need to, but I am more likely to ignore you if you’re trolling me or others). Please do not come on here with racism, sexism, slut shaming, or attacks about why I should be a vegan. Please. Don’t do it. I will always try to be body positive, sex positive, and inclusive of various lifestyles and choices (for example, I have no problem with men who don’t believe in marriage and are only interested in sex — as long as they go about it in the right way I also do not think that someone who weighs 450 lbs should be ashamed to wear a crop top and leggings if it makes them feel good, you feel me?).
I will always acknowledge my knowledge gaps and listen to other people’s ideas.
I don’t care who you are or why you came, you’re safe and welcome here!
*ps. I LOVE emojis…please let me enjoy them in peace 😉