Wifeys & Gentlemen,
I am absolutely stunned that we have made it to the last day in May! This has been such a crazy month and so much has happened to me and my family, including my birthday on May 15th where I turned 32 friggin years old!
I wonder how old I’ll be when I stop volunteering my age to the internet?
Fair warning, because I am a Taurus, I happen to think we’re among the BEST signs in the zodiac. Please forgive me if this post is a little more biased than others. Honestly, if you know anything about the true nature of a Taurean-being, the bias likely won’t surprise you at all but…just sayin.
As one of the Earth signs, Taureans are:
- Pleasure seeking/Hedonistic
Okay, So Tell us about the dudes…
If you’re interested in dating a Taurus man, know that they are strong, loyal, and typically very generous. Still, they need a lot of time to build trust and will make their love-interests really work to earn their affection and attention. These men are drawn to nature and the physical world, liking to feel connected to the universal energy. They value their friendships and family with high regard and will fight tooth and nail for them, until he’s given a reason not to.
Taurus men can be a little “slow on the draw” and not always aware of what’s going on around them. When building a relationship, they might seem oblivious to your emotions or unaware of the subtle cues/hints you provide. This can be frustrating, but be patient and know that he cannot read your mind.
If there is one thing that a Taurus man can’t forgive, it’s betrayal. Once they feel you’ve turned on them, it is almost impossible to ever earn their trust back. Be honest with this man and show him you’re willing to peel back the layers to know him. Most of these guys are looking for one special partner to settle down with; they just need to feel safe.
The Ladies (on the other hand)…
Being with a Taurus woman requires the ability to appeal to her romantic sensibilities. She likes to be seduced (slowly) and will need to be ‘courted’ even when she’s already decided she wants you. Unlike the Taurus man, Tauren women aren’t very quick to jump into physical affection without establishing a more cerebral connection first. Of course, there are always exceptions to every person, but many of these women like to carefully think about and over-analyze their decisions well in advance of making them. Especially when it comes to sex.
Deep down, the Taurus woman wants love and security; someone she can be vulnerable with and show her emotional side to. Often referred as spoiled, bougie, or high-maintenance, the Taurus woman has an eye for beautiful things and will always choose luxury whenever and wherever she can. They like to do things the easy way and strive to be as efficient as possible.
Make no mistake: if she loves you (friend, lover, or family member) she will ride or die for you and stand faithfully by your side, until you give her a reason not to.
One of the hardest things to understand about a Taurus is how their ambition functions with their lazy instincts. A Taurus can be extremely focused and hardworking in one area and very stubborn and unwilling/slow to act in others. Try to be patient with them and let them feel comfortable and safe before being their full and best selves with you. In most cases, you’ll be glad you did. 😀
Oh…and stop calling us boring! We’re not boring! We are safe and practical. Haha.
Taurus is most compatible with:
- Cancer: one of the best pairings in the zodiac, when these two find love, it is not common for them to part ways. They are among the most emotionally compatible and share a deep understanding of each others goals, needs, and desires. Loyalty is huge between them, making their unions strong and long-lasting.
- Virgo: When a Virgo can be flexible and a Taurus can be forgiving, this union is great for teaching each other about different ways to love and explore. Letting go of reservations about trust will be key. Still, once that has been established, the intellectual sparks will fly, making these relationships extraordinarily meaningful for both parties regardless of longevity (which is achievable with time and consistency).
- Capricorn: To the outside world, this couple will seem like the most boring pair, ever! However, for these two, when they get together they can form a relationship that is so powerful, creative, and deep it would be difficult for many to fathom or understand. They compliment each other with their gentle, slow natures, keeping their excitement and scintillating conversations away from the outside world. They are true partners who easily let their emotions overlap, making them best friends and even better lovers.
However, they are least compatible with:
- Leo: While both warm and giving by nature, their relationship proves to be challenging. Essentially, they do not understand the way each other loves and nurtures, and both parties will feel like they are missing something or not getting exactly what they need. Taurus is often too stubborn to cater to Leo’s need for attention.
- Aquarius: These signs are from two completely different worlds. While they are capable of falling in love and reveling in each other’s strangeness, they just can’t seem to understand each other, despite their ability to be unified in their unique understanding of the world. Taurus needs peace and Aquarius needs adventure. While their bond is friendly, respectful, and intellectual, it is not the stuff of lasting love.
Sexually, the Taurus can be kind of lazy in bed and want their partner to do most of the work. However, once you get them started, their passion for you and their innate love of pleasure will motivate them to continue until everyone is deeply satisfied. They are likely to have only few partners in their lifetime, being slow to get turned on and hard to keep interested. For them, sex is as much of a mental game as it is physical, and if you don’t get into their head, they can easily leave the physical part behind (never try to threaten a Taurus by taking away sex, it doesn’t ever work). Unfortunately, some Taureans see sex as largely tedious, so they prefer to have a steady and consistent partner who is fine with keeping things “status quo”.
Again, this is not true for everyone. Many of us have our sexually adverturous moments. However, our nature is to keep it pretty vanilla and we need our partners to show us another way 😉
Also…90% of the time, a Taurus does NOT like to have sex outside of the bed. Sorry, Scorpios. 😛
So, what do you guys think? Do you have any Taurus horror stories? I have heard some pretty bad stories about Taurean men, though honestly, I have never dated one!
Sound off in the comments and let me know if you’ve had any experience dating these fixed and stable earth signs; good, bad, and ugly (but most of us are really damn attractive if I do say so myself).
Until next time,
Carry on Wifeys (& gents)!