My Greatest Love,
I cannot believe we’ve been married for 3 years today. While a part of me is mind blown that we’ve managed to be both mature and patient enough to handle something as huge and important as a stable, healthy marriage, most of me isn’t the least bit shocked. You are the easiest man to love & that’s how I know it’s real.
On our first wedding anniversary, I used this blog to apologize to you for all of my shortcomings.
I can’t say that I’ve made major improvements in any of those areas just yet (again…sorry 😬), but this year, as we reflect on 3 years of marriage and 7 years of coupledom, I’d like to say thank you:
- Thank you for always choosing me, even when I make it difficult.
- Thank you for supporting me though some of the darkest times I’ve ever faced.
- Thank you for constantly reminding me of my strength, abilities, and talents.
- Thank you for taking out the trash and walking the dog two times a day, every day, except for your birthday because everyone should get least one day off, right? (I swear I do this more than once a year, guys)
- Thank you for saving me from myself.
- Thank you for always being honest with me, even when the honest answer is a hard one to hear.
- Thank you for keeping me grounded and in the moment. (let’s keep working on this because I am awful at it)
- Thank you for letting me know it’s okay to cry.
- Thank you for accepting me and all of my flaws.
- Thank you for telling me how beautiful I am when I wake up in the morning.
- Thank you for looking at me like I’m the only woman in the world; especially when I am bloated, cranky, and rude. 👀
- Which reminds me…thank you for gummy bears and chocolate during my -not-so-pleasant’ moments.
- Thank you for laughing with me in times where I wanted to feel shame or embarrassment.
- Thank you for every late-night snack run, trip to the store, and “quick favor” you do for me; you’re on call 24/7 and I hope you know that I know how lucky I am to have a you.
- Thank you for worrying about me and wanting me to be okay.
- Thank you for letting me bully you when I have to let our some aggression.
- Thank you for choosing my comfort and happiness over your own when it counts…and more amazingly when it shouldn’t.
- Thank you for caring about doing better and achieving more for our family.
- Thank you for helping me grow into a better woman; the kind that sees herself a little more clearly with each passing year.
- Thank you for showing me what love is. For years I thought I knew, but I see now just how clueless I was.
- Thank you for teaching me how to love myself for the first time.
Thank you for loving me, thank you for being there.
The whole world’s thanking you, thanking us for thanking you.
KILL THE TURKEY!
…I had to. 🤣
My bond with you is deep and my love for you is limitless, Mr. B. If I do not say it enough, I am forever proud of the person you are and in awe at how you get up each day and find something to smile about. I’m even more in awe that, much of the time, you find yourself smiling about me. ❤
I cannot wait to see what the next 3 years brings us. I have some ideas…but that’s another post for another time. 😉
Love Forever & Always,