Wifeys & Gentlemen,
Crazy that we’ve made it to August already! I swear I say that every month, but I am always so overwhelmed by how the year zooms by.
Sometimes I still feel like I am going through the motions of life. In moments like that, I think it’s really important to go back and look at everything I’ve done this year, no matter how small. I ask myself: Are you still trying? Are you still showing up? Are you being kind to yourself when you can’t or simply don’t want to keep moving forward?
A new month is filled with potential reset your goals and celebrate how far you’ve come!
Today, we’re talking about the moody, crabby Cancer. I actually have a lot of Cancer loved ones in my life; knowing that they are pretty compatible with Taurus, I was really excited to write this post and learn more about what makes them tick!
Anyway, Cancer is often described as:
- Highly Emotional
- Family Oriented
Overall, Cancer is a kind, loveable sign. They tend to stay close to their family and keep a very close circle of friends, viewing strangers as irrelevant or threatening to the balance of their personal space. Deeply intuitive and sentimental, Cancer can be one of the more difficult signs to get to know or befriend. They are very emotional and sensitive people, and care deeply about what others think of them.
Did you know that Lana Rey is a Cancer? #SummertimeSadness
Contrary to popular belief, there is more to a Cancer lady than mood swings and emotional rollercoasters (but please note that these are still pretty accurate descriptors). These women are:
- True Crabs: hard out the outside, soft on the inside.
- Wonderful wives and mothers; it is said that Cancer has the strongest maternal instinct. They are very nurturing and often feel responsible for protecting their families (spouses included). They are also extremely considerate and attentive with their lovers.
- Diplomatic: they like to be the peacemakers and avoid confrontation (unless it involves standing up for a friend or loved one).
- Feelers instead of thinkers. Cancer women are deeply intuitive and often think with their hearts instead of their heads.
While their personality can be a little intimidating and complicated, the Cancer woman is vulnerable and ready to love. While they do not fall easily, once you earn their loyalty, they are passionate and invested in you. Seducing the Cancer means making the first move in a way that is both respectful and engaging. Cancer is a romantic and does not usually go for the one-night stand or short-term fling. They need someone who is in tune with their unspoken feelings.
I Didn’t Know Tom Hanks was a Cancer, but it Makes A Lot of Sense.
Cancer men are said to be the most emotionally sensitive men in the zodiac. Moreover, they are:
- Traditionalists: usually old school with their manners and thinking, Cancer men are courteous and considerate.
- Shy and Distrustful of others until they feel like they can read and know them.
- Nurturing & Supportive: they are great listeners and provide excellent comfort, especially when you don’t realize you need it. They are great at boosting confidence, lifting spirits, and providing excellent, gentle advice.
- Extremely moody. Depending on your culture, this might be surprising as we do not tend to view men as ‘moody’, but Cancer is the moodiest sign of the zodiac. They say a Cancer man is capable of feeling 6 different emotions in the span of only minutes.
While Cancer men make wonderful fathers and husbands, some might caution that it can be difficult to understand them. Cancer men are usually living in a world of internal conflict; society tells them not to express their feelings, but they feel so much and so deeply that it’s almost impossible to contain it! If you make them feel like it is safe to feel deeply and express those feelings, Cancer will put you first and show you the tenderest caring. Be subtle when making the first move, as they like to feel like they are taking the lead; make them feel needed and protected while providing lots of attention!
Cancer is MOST Compatible With…
- Scorpio ♏️: Because Cancer is a romantic & intense about commitment, the Scorpio is actually a perfect match for them. Notorious for being confident, possessive, and jealous, they are able to easily prove to Cancer that they are in it for the long haul. A true ‘ride or die’.
- Pisces ♓️: This fellow water sign is also deeply emotional. They tend to get lost in love. Pisces will let Cancer take care of them.
- Taurus ♉️: These signs are great together because they speak the same love language: Money! It might sound bad, but truly, the Taurus is great at making and managing money and the Cancer is great at planning for the future. Both signs are passionate about loyalty and commitment as well.
Cancer is LEAST Compatible With…
- Aquarius ♒️: Aquarius is all head; Cancer is all heart. While they are both very passionate people, their passion manifests in profoundly different ways, often leaving them at odds.
- Aries ♈️: While this match seems tempting at first, it is often tricky. Aries is famous for starting things and not finishing, while the Cancer cannot so easily let things go.
- Sagittarius ♐️: Fire and water don’t tend to mix. The Cancer doesn’t typically respond well or jive with the Sagittarius’ fiery personality.
Sexually speaking, Cancer is deeply erotic and is eager to provide their partner with an incredible, creative sex life. Focus on gaining and maintaining their trust and they will show you everything they’re capable of 😉 .
So, what’s the verdict? Who has some Cancer tea ☕️ to spill?
One of my very best friends is a Cancer and I’d say this post was pretty accurate (not taking her full birth chart into account, of course).
Leave me a comment if you have some fun things to add about Cancer signs! I love them, they’re one of my favorites.
Until Next Time,
Carry on Wifeys & Gents!