Wifeys & Gentlemen,
I first want to say that I sincerely hope everyone is out there staying safe, sanitary, and healthy. While I know some of us are fortunate enough to be able to work from home, self-quarantine, and afford quality healthcare in the event of serious illness, I ask that this awesome community do their best to remember those who might not be in the same boat.
I’ve been on social media a lot lately and there seems to be a vast fluctuation between hysteria and total nonchalance. Personally, I’m trying to take this pandemic as seriously as possible (while still living my life), but I want to urge us all to be conscious and considerate of our fellow humans. Many of us are younger, healthy individuals who can likely fight this thing off in a matter of a couple weeks. Still, please remember the elderly, the sick, the immune-compromised, and the low-income citizens who don’t have as much to fight with. If you’re not concerned or nervous, that’s totally fine! Take precautions for their sake.
Be kind because it’s needed.
I don’t want to rant or preach too much on this; we’ve heard it all before. I just thought I’d be responsible and give my two cents! I love you guys and I want you all to be healthy in these strange times.
2020 is really something else, isn’t it?
I will try to keep today’s blog pretty short and light-hearted. In the spirit of growth, rejuvenation, and revitalization, I thought it might be fun to offer some tips on how my married and committed readers can spice up their relationships (& no, I’m NOT just talking about sex…though I could do another post on that if anyone is interested). 😏
Spicing up your relationship usually means making an effort to keep things fresh and exciting for each other. For my wifeys & gents who haven’t been in a long-term or serious relationship yet, you might come to discover that things get dull from time to time. All relationships have peaks and valleys.
This is totally normal.
Usually, this isn’t anyone’s fault! It’s just a part of life. Sometimes work gets in the way, sometimes kids get in the way, some of us have older or disabled family members to care for, we have friends who need our support. Sometimes depression or tragedy strikes, knocking us out of balance.
Whatever the situation is, making an effort to keep your relationship exciting is a great way to let your person know you’re still in it with them, no matter what life throws your way. You prioritize them and still care.
Here is a modest list of things you can do to rejuvenate your relationship. I think most of them are pretty easy, but you’ll have to tell me what you think…
- Switch up your look/make an effort in your appearance – we all fall into a “rut” sometimes. If you don’t usually dress up, dig out your best outfit and run a brush through that hair! You could also try changing up your look entirely if you are ready to make a bigger switch. #Makeover 💄
- Implement a regular date night – weekly or monthly date nights are a wonderful way to reconnect with your partner and spend time together doing something you both enjoy.
- Go on an adventure/try something new – volunteer together, have a pillow fight, go camping, take a drive to nowhere. Do something new that you normally wouldn’t do together. Change it up.
- Reminisce about when you first started dating – get out the wine, cuddle up on the couch, and talk about the early days. Remember how you felt when you first started seeing each other? Remember your first kiss? First date? First time being intimate?
- Redecorate a space in your home – changing your space can often change your mood! Redecorate your bedroom or other shared spaces in your house to invite new energy into your lives.
- Start a “morning” routine – if you’re feeling disconnected, it might help to start spending mornings together. Wake up together, get ready together, and share your first cup of coffee or bowl of cereal together (not literally the same cup/bowl though, unless you’re into that). 😬Maybe even commute together if you can?
- Surprise each other – do something cute to surprise your partner. Bring their favorite lunch to the office, buy them that pair of shoes they’ve been eyeing, take them out on the town. It doesn’t have to be huge, just enough to catch them off guard and make them smile.
- Have “technology free” nights – even just 30 mins a day away from phones, TVs, and computers can invite so much positive change into your relationship. Have moments where you both decide to stay off of technology and hang out with each other. You’ll be surprised what you talk about when you’re not distracted by those instagram notifications!
- Send flirty text messages during the work day – self explanatory, but I speak from personal experience when I say…it works 😉
- Change sides of the bed – some have suggested that periodically switching sides of the bed allows you to see things from a different point of view. I haven’t tried this one, but I’m definitely curious. 🤔
- Naked Saturdays – staying in on a Saturday? Why not be naked?! This is the ultimate relaxation and gives you both a chance to admire each other’s bodies. See where the day takes you…eh?
- Spend time apart – you know how I feel about “me time” and they say “absence makes the heart grow fonder”. Sometimes the best way to breath life into your relationship is to get some distance and miss each other a bit.
Have you tried anything on this list? Let me know in the comments if you used any of these techniques and whether they worked out for you. Would you add anything to list? Give your fellow wifeys and gents some good advice <3.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog so you don’t miss out on anything new! The family is growing and I could not be HAPPIER to see so many new readers here! Woo!
One day…ya’ll are going to talk to me more often…I know it, & I’ll wait…I’m a very patient lady. 😉
Until next time,
Carry on wifeys & gents!
Be a lamb and tell your friends…then you both can be smart about relationships and meet the loves of your lives and plan a double wedding for all of your friends and family to be soooo jealous! 🐑🐑🐑
It could happen…🤷🏾♀️