Wifey’s & Gentlemen,
How is everyone doing? While I am still fighting to conquer my anxiety and general ‘low’ mood, I have found little pockets of joy here and there in the last couple of days that have really helped me continue to push forward.
I want to keep today’s post really simple. I know I say that all the time, but I’m serious! In the spirit of renewal and rejuvenation, while most of us are social distancing, I wanted to share one of my favorite pastimes that has offered me comfort through many stages of my life.
Journaling is a wonderful outlet for understanding your thoughts, achieving goals, exploring new ideas, and knowing yourself better. In darker times, journaling has been an amazing look back for me; to know how far I have come and what wonderful things are ahead of me.
No matter the reason, I wanted to offer a couple of quick journaling prompt for you to try if you start running out of TV shows, movies, and books. I have tried a few of these myself and they have been really fun to work with, especially when I am feeling uninspired or bored.
- What are you most grateful for this week?
- Your favorite quote is _______ because…
- One thing you love about yourself is ______ because…
- Who is inspiring you right now? Why?
- Write a letter to your younger self and apologize for something…
- Write a letter your future self and congratulate yourself for something…
- What would you do with $100,000?
- What are ten things that make you happiest?
- Design your ideal morning routine?
- What does a perfect day look like for you?
- What are your weaknesses? How can you use your strengths to improve them?
- If you had 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
- What are you most afraid of?
- What do you hope people think of you?
- What legacy would you like to leave behind?
- Write out your bucket list…
- What is one new thing you learned today?
- How have you changed/grown in the last 3 years?
- If you could learn a new skill, what would it be and why?
- Which element (earth, air, fire, or water) represents you best? Why?
Don’t forget that there are multiple ways to journal.
You can use a bullet journal (see examples here), a handwritten journal, an electronic journal, an artistic/photo journal (see examples here & here), or even an audio or video journal. Use your strongest creative outlet and see what you can come up with. 😀
Let me know if you give any of these a try!
Please remember to stay healthy, safe, and sane in this time of weirdness and uncertainty.
Until next time,
Carry on wifeys & gents!
Be a lamb and tell your friends! The closer we get to 250 readers, the closer we get to a fun giveaway! Maybe it will be a journal? 😉 …🐑🐑🐑…🐑🐑🐑…🐑🐑🐑
While you’re here, don’t forget to subscribe! ❤